Collage of Greenwich sights, link to Homepage.
Town Clerk
Copies of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates

Births, deaths and marriages that have occurred in Greenwich are filed in the Town Clerk's office, Vital Statistics Division. 

You can order a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate for $20.00 each (subject to change). Short form (wallet size) birth certificates are $15.00:

  • Birth Certificate (Allow 1-2 weeks for newborns)
  • Death Certificate
  • Marriage Certificate

    Photo I.D.
    You must attach a photocopy of a government-issued picture I.D. to your order to receive any certificate copy whether you order in person or by mail.

    Payment Options
    Cash or Money Order.  Money Order payable to Town of Greenwich.  Mail orders must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.

    Birth Certificates
    Birth Certificates may be issued on one of the following conditions:

    • By order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
    • Upon written request of the person whose birth is recorded, if of age.
    • Upon request of a state department or the Federal government, when approved by the state department of health.
    • Upon written request of a parent or other lawful representative of such person (with proper identification).
    • Spouse.
    • Children, if of legal age.
    • Grandparents of minors.
Department Information
· General Information
· Frequently Asked Questions
Permits and Licenses
· Marriage Licenses
· Business Licenses
· Notary Public
· Dog License Info
Wildlife Hunting Permit Applications
Licenses, permits and applications may be purchased through the State DEP Wildlife Web Site.
Vital Records
Certified copies of:
   Birth Certificates
   Death Certificates
   Marriage Certificates
Useful Links
· Get an Absentee Ballot
· Other Vital Records Online
· Justices of the Peace
· Marriage License Worksheet
Link to Town Movies
Greenwich Community Television
The Greenwich Community Covenant

Town Hall - 101 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830. Phone: (203) 622-7700. Copyright © , Town of Greenwich. All rights reserved.
Important Notice from the Town Of Greenwich
Water Faucet
As the Town's water supplies continue to diminish, the Greenwich Board of Selectmen unanimously approved the enactment of Phase 2 of the Town's Water Supply Emergency ordinance...