|Town Clerk |
Copies of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates
Births, deaths and marriages that have occurred in Greenwich are filed in the Town Clerk's office, Vital Statistics Division.
You can order a certified copy of a birth, death or marriage certificate for $20.00 each (subject to change). Short form (wallet size) birth certificates are $15.00:
- Birth Certificate (Allow 1-2 weeks for newborns)
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
You must attach a photocopy of a government-issued picture I.D. to your order to receive any certificate copy whether you order in person or by mail.
Cash or Money Order. Money Order payable to Town of Greenwich. Mail orders must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
Birth Certificates may be issued on one of the following conditions:
- By order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Upon written request of the person whose birth is recorded, if of age.
- Upon request of a state department or the Federal government, when approved by the state department of health.
- Upon written request of a parent or other lawful representative of such person (with proper identification).
- Children, if of legal age.
- Grandparents of minors.