|Town Clerk |
Copies of Birth, Death or Marriage Certificates
Births, deaths, marriages and civil unions that have occurred in Greenwich are filed in the Town Clerk's office, Vital Statistics Division.
You can order a certified copy of a birth, death, marriage or civil union certificate for $20.00 each (subject to change):
- Birth Certificate
- Death Certificate
- Marriage Certificate
- Civil Union Certificate
You must attach a photocopy of a government-issued picture I.D. to your order to receive any certificate copy whether you order in person, by mail or online.
If you order in person or by mail, you can pay by cash or check. Checks are to be made payable to TOWN OF GREENWICH. Mail orders must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope (#10 size).
Birth Certificates may be issued on one of the following conditions:
- By order of a court of competent jurisdiction.
- Upon written request of the person whose birth is recorded, if of age.
- Upon request of a state department or the Federal government, when approved by the State Department of Health.
- Upon written request of a parent or other lawful representative of such person (with proper identification).
- Children, if of legal age.
- Grandparents of minors.
Filed by funeral homes for persons who have died in Greenwich. Death Certificate Request
Persons who were married in Greenwich may request a copy of their marriage certificate. Marriage Certificate Request
Certified Copies are available after certificates are filed.
Civil Union Certificates
Persons who had a civil union in Greenwich may request a copy of the civil union certificate. Civil Union Certificate Request
Certified copies are available after certificates are filed.