Superintendent: Joseph Roberto
Telephone: (203) 622-7766
Fax: (203) 622-7831
Email: DPW - Highway Division
Location: Town Hall, Second Floor
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Permitting Hours: 8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The Highway Division is responsible for:
- Construction, maintenance and repair of all approximately 265 miles of public highway. Includes services to Parks and Recreation and Board of Education for parking lot paving.
- Repair and replacement of approximately 145 miles of sidewalks.
- Maintenance of storm drain infrastructure in the Town right-of-way and Town easements, including approximately 10,000 structures.
- Street cleaning.
- Snow and ice removal from the public roadways, numerous public sidewalks, parking lots, Board of Education facilities, with assistance from Parks and Recreation staff.
- Leaf pickup in downtown neighborhoods zoned R-20 and below.
- Sign installation and repair, including traffic control signs.
- Pavement markings.
- Traffic signal maintenance.
- Street lighting supervision.
- Litter removal, dead animal removal and other related services.
Reporting a Problem with a Traffic Sign or Signal
During business hours, please contact the Highway Division at 203-622-7766. After business hours:
- Traffic sign problems: Please leave a message for the Highway Division at 203-622-7766.
- Traffic signal problems: Please contact the Greenwich Police Department at 203-622-8000.