The Greenwich Police Department Training Section is staffed with two (2) Sergeants and two (2) Range officers.
The Training Section is responsible for the following functions:
- Responsible for and implementation of planning, staffing, coordination, development and documentation of training for all sworn officers, 30 Special Officers, civilian employees and the Fairfield County Regional Review Training.
- Maintaining training records and certifications of officers and civilian employees.
- Acting liaison personnel with Human Resources, Police Officer Standard and Training Council relative to new recruit hiring process and preparing and assisting new recruits attending a state-approved police academy.
- Responsible for management of the Field Training Officers Program.
- Responsible for management of Greenwich Police Officers who are trained POSTC certified instructors.
- Responsible for preparing legal updates, training bulletins, officer safety bulletins, and roll call trainings.