The Traffic Section is charged with the responsibility of coping with the ever increasing problems that arise in connection with motor vehicles and people. These problems include:
- Safe and efficient movement of vehicular and pedestrian traffic
- Enforcement of traffic and parking laws
- Investigation of motor vehicle accidents
- Computing and analysis of accident statistics
- Special Events planning and coordination
Personnel of the Traffic Section consists of:
- One Sergeant
- One Traffic Technician
- 3 Motorcycle Officers
- 21 School Crossing Guards
Selective Traffic Enforcement Program (STEP)
In 2004 and 2006 The Greenwich Police Department conducted a Residents' Survey, which identified traffic issues as a major concern for residents throughout the Town of Greenwich.
In an effort to address these traffic issues, the Greenwich Police Department Traffic Section initiated the Selective Traffic Enforcement Program, better known as STEP, to target specific areas throughout the Town of Greenwich having the highest incidence of collisions. Click here for more information.