Phone: (203) 622-7817 Fax: (203) 629-6988 or
Resident seasonal park passes or single entry park passes are required for entry into Town of Greenwich parks and beaches from May 1 through October 31. From November 1 through April 30, no fees will be charged to enter Greenwich Point and Byram Park.
Proof of Greenwich residency, with resident name and Greenwich address, is required once annually for the calendar year, January through December, and is valid for all Parks and Recreation offerings.
Who needs to establish/re-establish residency?
- Primary Account Holder (regardless of age) is required to provide two (2) Proofs of Residence each year, unless they are a senior with ACTIVE Senior Park Pass.
- All other Family Members 25 years (including those born in 1993), and older are required to provide one (1) Proof of Residence. Seniors born 1953 or before, who are applying for the first time should also provide proof of age
- Family Members under 25 years of age require a copy of birth certificate, passport, or proof of guardianship on file.
What do you need to establish residency?
Proof of Residency from the list below. Please note - ONLY current documents listed below will be accepted. No other documents will be accepted.
- Utility Bill (gas, electric, water, oil)
- Cable Bill, Telephone, or Internet Bill (not cell phone)
- Residential Lease
- Credit Card Bill
- Bank Statement (not mortgage)
- Driver’s License/DMV CT State ID
Starting January 1, 2018, current residents with a Parks and Recreation account may upload proofs online at: www.greenwichct.org/webtrac
Submittal of Forms and Applications:
Applications are processed in order based on the date of receipt. New households should mail or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) their application and supporting documents in order to establish a new Parks and Recreation account.
1. Online (existing accounts): Please upload two (2) proofs of residency for the primary account holder and one (1) proof for each additional adult (25+) member of the household. Once proofs are uploaded, please allow at least 7-10 business days, (times vary based on current volumes) to receive a return email from us confirming your residency has been approved. In the event that there is an issue, the email will provide further instructions.
Once residency is approved, you may then go online to access our services.
2. US Postal Mail: Please mail all required forms and proofs to: Dept. of Parks and Recreation, Attn: Residency, P.O. Box 2540, Greenwich, CT 06836-2540. Please include an email address so we may confirm your residency status.
3. In-Person: Beginning May 21 through August 31, 2018, the Town Hall Lobby Park Pass Office will be open between the hours of 8:00 am and 3:00 pm for submittal of residency forms and documentation. All other Parks and Recreation offices will accept residency forms at the time of registration for any of our offerings.
FORMS AND APPLICATIONS
If you have relocated to another address within Greenwich, please contact our office via e-mail to: email@example.com. Please provide your old address, your new address, a phone number, e-mail address and a list of family members moving with you.
Senior Residents are renewed once during a three-year cycle which will be up for renewal for the 2020-2022 seasons.
Single Entry Park Passes:
- Provides access for individuals to Greenwich Point, Byram Park, Island Beach and Great Captain Island and expire at the end of each season
- NO refunds will be granted including those for weather related issues
Single Entry Park Passes can be obtained:
- Online - for those who validated their Greenwich residency for the year click HERE
- In person - at the locations and hours of operation listed below
· Eastern Greenwich Civic Center (May1-October 31) - Mon.-Fri., 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
· Bendheim Western Greenwich Civic Center (May 1-Sept. 15) - Mon.-Fri., 9:00 a.m.-6:00 p.m.
· Not available for purchase on weekends or holidays
· Not available for purchase at Town Hall
Town Beach Locations and Information