Director: Alfred C. Cava
Telephone: (203) 622-7716
Fax: (203) 622-2224
Location: Town Hall, First Floor
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Town of Greenwich is subject to the State's Municipal Employee Relations Act (MERA), which permits employees to organize for the purpose of bargaining collectively with the employer over terms and conditions of employment. Under MERA, the First Selectman is the Town official responsible for negotiating all collectively bargained agreements with employee organizations representing Town employees and non-certified staff at the Board of Education. The Director of Labor Relations, Al Cava, represents the First Selectman serving as the town's chief negotiator in collective bargaining and in the administration of grievances and grievance arbitration. The Director of Labor Relations is also responsible for representing the Town before the State's labor board in prohibited labor practice proceedings.
The United Public Services Employees Union, Unit 90 Collective Bargaining Agreement
The recently negotiated 2015 - 2017 collective bargaining agreement between the Town of Greenwich and the United Public Service Employees Union, representing public health nurses, is now available. Scroll down to the United Public Service Employees Union below and click the link to the collective bargaining agreement.
Collective Bargaining Units
The Town of Greenwich employees are represented by one the following collective bargaining units:
- Greenwich Municipal Employees Association, Inc. (GMEA) represents Town and Board of Education employees in clerical and administrative classifications. Click here for the current GMEA labor agreement.
- Local 456 International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) represents Town and Board of Education employees in blue collar, trades and foreman classifications and certain nursing classifications at the Town's nursing home. Click here for the current IBT labor agreement.
- The United Public Services Employees Union, Unit 90 represents school health nurses in the Town's public school system and public health nurses in the Town's Health Department. Click here for the current UPSEU labor agreement.
- Laborer's International Union of North America (LIUNA), Local 136, AFL-CIO represents Town and Board of Education employees in professional and supervisory classifications. Click here for the current LIUNA labor agreement.
- Local 1042 International Association of Firefighters (IAFF), AFL-CIO represents all
uniformed professional firefighters and officers except for the Chief and Assistant Chief
of the Department. Click here for the current IAFF labor agreement.
- Silver Shield Association, Inc. (SSA) represents police officers, technicians, sergeants and lieutenants. Click here for the current SSA labor agreement.
- Board of Education Collective Bargaining Agreements