Director: Alfred C. Cava
Telephone: (203) 622-7716
Fax: (203) 622-2224
Location: Town Hall, First Floor
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
The Town of Greenwich is subject to the State's Municipal Employee Relations Act (MERA), which permits employees to organize for the purpose of bargaining collectively with the employer over terms and conditions of employment. Under MERA, the First Selectman is the Town official responsible for negotiating all collectively bargained agreements with employee organizations representing Town employees and non-certified staff at the Board of Education. The Director of Labor Relations, Al Cava, represents the First Selectman serving as the town's chief negotiator in collective bargaining and in the administration of grievances and grievance arbitration. The Director of Labor Relations is also responsible for representing the Town before the State's labor board in prohibited labor practice proceedings.
Local 456 I.B.T. and Silver Shield Association Collective Bargaining Agreements
The recently negotiated collective bargaining agreements with Local 456 I.B.T. and the Silver Shield Association are now available. Scroll down to Local 456 I.B.T. and Silver Shield Association below and click the link to the collective bargaining agreement.
Collective Bargaining Units
The Town of Greenwich employees are represented by one the following collective bargaining units:
- Greenwich Municipal Employees Association, Inc. (GMEA) represents Town and Board of Education employees in clerical and administrative classifications. Click here for the current GMEA labor agreement.
- Local 456 International Brotherhood of Teamsters (IBT) represents Town and Board of Education employees in blue collar, trades and foreman classifications and certain nursing classifications at the Town's nursing home. Click here for the current IBT labor agreement.
- American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees (AFSCME), Council 4, Local 1303-222, AFL-CIO represents school health nurses in the Town's public school system and public health nurses in the Town's Health Department. Click here for the current AFSCME labor agreement.
- Laborer's International Union of North America (LIUNA), Local 136, AFL-CIO represents Town and Board of Education employees in professional and supervisory classifications. Click here for the current LIUNA labor agreement.
- Local 1042 International Association of Firefighters (IAFF), AFL-CIO represents all
uniformed professional firefighters and officers except for the Chief and Assistant Chief
of the Department. Click here for the current IAFF labor agreement.
- Silver Shield Association, Inc. (SSA) represents police officers, technicians, sergeants and lieutenants. Click here for the current SSA labor agreement.
- Board of Education Collective Bargaining Agreements