Community Gifts: The Community Gifts Program is supported by private donations and Salvation Army funds to support various forms of assistance throughout the year. Donations are overseen by an independent 4013c fiduciary and are tax deductible.
Campership: Provides camp scholarship, registration and transportation for children ages 5-14 years old.
Boots and Shoes: Provides vouchers for children ages 5-14 entering school for back to school footwear.
Holiday Aid: Provides food vouchers, food baskets and children’s gifts during the holiday season.
A key feature of our Community Program is our Youth Programs. We provide services to Greenwich children and youth through three unique programs.
- Byram Archibald Neighborhood Center (BANC): A licensed after-school program serving Byram students ages 5-12 attending New Lebanon Elementary School. The purpose is to promote positive youth development and educational enrichment through participation in educational, recreational, and arts activities.
- Greenwich Youth Conservation Project (GYCP): Provides short-term summer employment and training for youth ages 14-15. Four consecutive groups spend two-week sessions doing outdoor work projects at Greenwich parks, nature preserves, managed conservation areas, and Town facilities. Read the brochure.
- Greenwich Youth Corp: Through a partnership with Greenwich Land trust provides 14 teens ages 15-16 with a 4-week paid employment opportunity working on Greenwich Land Trust properties.
An additional feature of our Community Program is our Energy and Housing Assistance services. We participate in federal and state sponsored programs offering financial assistance with energy and housing costs.
- Energy Assistance Program: Provides assistance to clients for their energy costs. Client eligibility is based on income, family size and expenses. Payment is made directly to the fuel or utility company.
- Operation Fuel Program: Privately funded, not-for-profit fuel bank are privately raised and “add a dollar” program via utility payments.
- Renters Rebate Program: State funded program for disabled adults and senior citizens based on a graduated income scale and amount of rent and utility payments made in the prior year.