|First Selectman |
Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities in Greenwich
For Public Inquiries and Comments, contact the Greenwich Department of Human Services
Non Emergency Contacts:
Phone: (203) 622-7780
Email: Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities
The mission of the First Selectman’s Advisory Committee for People with Disabilities is to serve as a resource to the Greenwich community addressing accessibility, equal rights, removing barriers and promoting opportunities for individuals with disabilities.
The Committee’s vision is a community where everyone understands the importance of equal participation and full inclusion of all citizens. A commitment to make Greenwich a more accessible place to live, work and visit for people living with disabilities.
- Identify, research and provide recommendations on local challenges and barriers that impact people with disabilities;
- Advise municipal officials in ensuring compliance with federal and state disability laws and removal of architectural, communications and policy barriers through monitoring laws and regulations that enhance equal and open inclusion of people with disabilities;
- Promote public awareness and increase sensitivity of the challenges that people with disabilities face and establish Town partnerships;
- Educate both people living with and without disabilities regarding reasonable accommodations for employment and other issues concerning persons with disabilities;
- Review and make recommendations about policies, procedures, services, activities, and facilities of departments’ boards and agencies of the Town of Greenwich as they affect people with disabilities;
- Provide information, referrals, guidance, and technical assistance to individuals, public agencies, businesses, to organizations in all matters pertaining to disabilities and to coordinate activities of other local groups for similar purposes;
- Coordinate and/or monitor programs designed to meet the needs of people with disabilities.