Collage of Greenwich sights, link to Homepage.
HUD Assistance Hurricane Sandy Aftermath


As residents go back to their homes and evaluate the damages caused by Hurricane Sandy, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) Hartford Field Office has asked to consider how they may be able to assist our community. 
• If there is damage to supportive or assisted housing or shelter or housing units in general, HUD may be able to use their knowledge of state-wide inventories to assist in emergency relocation. 
• HUD is also prepared to advise about the possibility of emergency waivers or exceptions, or about the use (federal funds) of regulatory provisions concerning interim assistance or urgent need. 
• If there is wide-spread damage, HUD will need to assess the regional or state-wide extent of losses so that they can report to Washington on whether disaster assistance should be sought. 

Should you have any questions or concerns regarding damages to your property, and you think that HUD may be able to help you or connect you with the appropriate agency for further assistance, please call the Hartford Field Office at 860-240-4800. Ask to be connected to the following representatives: Kevin O’Neill, Caroline Carlson or Gary Reisine.

Go Back | Community Development News | All News
Share this on: 

Peter Tesei
Peter Tesei
Welcome to the Town of Greenwich Web site. It is our goal to provide you with an online one-stop shop for all information about the Town of Greenwich... Read more
Featured Sections of Our Site
design image
Community Videos
Greenwich Community Television
The Greenwich Community Covenant

Town Hall - 101 Field Point Road, Greenwich, CT 06830. Phone: (203) 622-7700. Copyright © , Town of Greenwich. All rights reserved.