|Parking Services |
The Town of Greenwich Department of Parking Services was founded in 2004 at the direction of First Selectman Jim Lash to help the municipality deal more effectively and consistently with matters related to parking. Establishment of such a department was suggested in a 2002 study of municipal parking completed by the consulting firm Desman Associates. Click here to read the study.
Phone: (203) 618-3060
Fax: (203) 618-3065
Email: Parking Services Department
Location: Town Hall - ground floor
Office Hours: Mon.-Fri. 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m.
Closed on Town Holidays
The new department represents a consolidation of municipal assets that had formerly been assigned to several diverse organizational elements of town government. Resources and responsibilities previously assigned to the Police, Finance and Public Works Departments formed the foundation of the municipality's newest department.
The Department of Parking Services is responsible for:
- Managing municipal parking infrastructure and resources throughout the Town of Greenwich.
- The issuance of municipal and railroad station Parking Permits
- Encouraging appropriate parking through the issuance of parking Violation Tickets
- Collecting revenue from and maintaining the municipal parking meter system
- Providing fiscal stewardship over the Town's Parking Fund
The Department of Parking Services has occupied new office space at Town Hall. The new office serves as a single point of contact location for all municipal parking services, including the issuance of parking permits, payment of parking violation tickets and the rental of metered parking spaces to facilitate construction or special events.