Volunteer Recruitment Coordinator: Brian M. Kelly
Recruitment Hotline: (203) 618-8877
New Office Location:
75 Holly Hill Lane, Greenwich, CT 06830
Watch Volunteer Firefighters in Action!
Volunteer Firefighter Brochures
Volunteer Firefighter Recruitment Events
Greenwich Fire Department is a combination Fire Department comprised of 100 career firefighters and over 120 volunteer firefighters who respond to approximately 4000 emergency calls each year from 8 stations located throughout the town. The Fire Department wants volunteers who are dedicated to the safety of their fellow citizens and the protection of property and the environment.
Volunteers play a critical part in the mitigation of emergencies, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. There also are evening and weekend opportunities.
The Glenville Vol. Fire Co., Sound Beach Vol. Fire Dept., and the Cos Cob Fire Police Patrol each sponsor their own Fire Explorer Post. The Explorer Posts are a part of the Boy Scouts of America. The purpose of the Explorer Post is to train teenagers (14-18 yrs old) Fire Department skills in a modified fashion. This is a great opportunity to have youth involved in a positive activity.
- Medical Coverage
- Life Insurance
- Opportunities for advancement to higher ranks within the company
- Training Stipends
- Paid fire watch for town and private functions
- Property tax savings of up to $1000 (Home or Auto)
- Reimbursement of $7.50 per emergency response to account for fuel usage and wear and tear on your personal vehicle
The Fire Department provides 24-hour emergency services for the protection of life and property within a four-minute response time frame.
The Fire Department does not offer the following services:
- Court-ordered community service opportunities
- Group projects for corporate volunteers
- Programs for youth volunteers